68th Air Refueling Squadron

Posted by admin on June 19, 2018 in Uncategorized |

The 68th Air Refueling Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 305th Bombardment Wing at Bunker Hill Air Force Base, Indiana, where it was inactivated on 25 March 1965.

The earliest predecessor of the squadron was the 468th Bombardment Squadron, which served as a heavy bombardment training unit until it was disbanded in a reorganization of United States Army Air Forces units in the United States designed to conserve manpower needed in the overseas theaters.

The 68th Air Refueling Squadron served with Strategic Air Command to extend the range of bombers assigned to the command as needed to perform their worldwide mission. It was discontinued in 1965 and its mission, personnel and equipment were transferred to the 305th Air Refueling Squadron. In 1985 the two squadrons were consolidated into a single unit, but have not been active since then.

The 468th Bombardment Squadron was activated as a Consolidated B-24 Liberator heavy bombardment squadron in July 1942. The squadron was part of Second Air Force and served as an operational training unit (OTU). The OTU program involved the use of an oversized parent unit to provide cadres to “satellite groups”. However, the United States Army Air Forces found that standard military units, based on relatively inflexible tables of organization were proving less well adapted to the mission. Accordingly, a more functional system was adopted in which each base was organized into a separate numbered unit. The squadron and its parent group were inactivated in 1944 and replaced by the 232d Army Air Forces Base Unit (Development, Heavy) as Dalhart Army Air Field prepared to transition to Boeing B-29 Superfortress training.

The 68th Air Refueling Squadron was activated briefly in 1952 as a Strategic Air Command (SAC) air refueling squadron, but was apparently not manned before being inactivated seven weeks later. It was reactivated toward the end of 1953 and equipped with Boeing KC-97 Stratotanker aircraft to support the Boeing B-47 Stratojet medium bombers of the 68th Bombardment Wing. In September 1957, the squadron moved to Bunker Hill Air Force Base when SAC assumed responsibility for the base from Tactical Air Command. It was the first operational SAC unit at Bunker Hill.

In 1959 the squadron upgraded to the jet Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker in anticipation of the arrival of the 305th Bombardment Wing at Bunker Hill and the wing’s conversion from B-47s to the Convair B-58 Hustler. The squadron was inactivated in 1965 and replaced by the 305th Air Refueling Squadron, which assumed its mission, personnel, and equipment.

On 19 September 1985 the 68th Air Refueling Squadron was consolidated with the 468th Bombardment Squadron. The consolidated unit retains the designation of 68th Air Refueling Squadron, Heavy.

468th Bombardment Squadron

68th Air Refueling Squadron

 This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website .

Mouloudia Sport de Bousalem

Posted by admin on June 19, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

La Mouloudia Sport de Bousalem (arabe : المولدية الرياضية ببوسالم) est un club tunisien de volley-ball fondé en 1988. Il a pris le relais de la section de volley-ball de l’Union sportive de Bousalem.

Lancé en 1988 comme club omnisports, le club se spécialise rapidement en volley-ball. Il est à ce titre le seul club du Nord-Ouest tunisien à posséder une section seniors de ce sport et le premier à accéder en division nationale A. Après avoir joué les seconds rôles pendant plusieurs saisons, il se renforce lors de la saison 2014-2015 par l’arrivée de Mohamed Ben Ouhida (formé au Club africain et qui a joué dans plusieurs clubs tunisiens et libyens), de Mourad Touati, qui a évolué dans tous les clubs de la banlieue sud de Tunis, et Mohamed Ben Cheikh. Leur apport aux côtés de celui Larbi Riabi, Jamel Ben Gheriba, Imed Mahmoudi, Marwen Trabelsi et encore Mohamed Guetari permet au club de rejoindre l’élite. Pour cette saison, le club recrute des joueurs expérimentés à l’instar de Mehdi Gara, Néjib Hamzaoui et de trois anciens joueurs de l’Étoile sportive du Sahel, Aymen Gaâliche, Mahmoud Chaouche et Sahbi Ben Farhat.

Des passages de cet article sont obsolètes ou annoncent des événements désormais passés. ou discutez-en. Vous pouvez également préciser les sections à actualiser en utilisant {{section à actualiser}}.

Depuis sa création, le club a été entraîné par les personnalités suivantes :

L’effecti 2016-2017 se compose des joueurs suivants :

Lynne Owens

Posted by admin on June 18, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Lynne Gillian Owens, CBE, QPM (born 29 January 1969) is a British senior law enforcement officer. Since January 2016, she has served as Director-General of the National Crime Agency. As such, she is the one of the most senior law enforcement chiefs in British law enforcement. She was Assistant Commissioner of Central and Territorial Operations with the Metropolitan Police Service from 2010 to 2012, and the Chief Constable of Surrey Police from 2012 to 2015.

Owens was born on 29 January 1969. She studied at the University of Exeter, graduating with a Master of Arts (MA) degree in 2008.

Owens began her policing career when she joined the Metropolitan Police Service in 1989. As a Constable, she was based in Catford, London. On promotion to Sergeant, she transferred to Kent Police and began training to become a detective. In the rank of Detective Chief Inspector, she became a senior investigating officer with the force’s major crime department. During her time as a detective, she investigated ten major murders.

In 2002, Owens transferred to Surrey Police. She was appointed Divisional Commander of North Surrey in May 2003. In January 2005, she was promoted to temporary assistant chief constable responsible for specialist operations. This was her first experience of a chief officer rank. She qualified as a Gold firearms Commander during that appointment. Having completed the Strategic Command Course run by the National Policing Improvement Agency, she was made assistant chief constable responsible for territorial operations. She became the youngest person to hold the rank of deputy chief constable when she was appointed to the rank temporarily in March 2008. During that appointment, she headed an organisational change programme.

In April 2009, Owens returned to the Metropolitan Police as a Deputy Assistant Commissioner. In that role she was responsible for operations within territorial policing. She was promoted to Assistant Commissioner in December 2010, becoming only the second woman to hold that rank in the force. She served as head of Central Operations from 2010 to 2011. In August 2011, she additionally became responsible for the Specialist Crime Directorate and became head of the Specialist Crime and Operations Directorate. She was overall commander of the policing for the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton that took place in April 2011, and the state visit by American President Barack Obama in May 2011. In December 2011, Owens was selected to become the next Chief Constable of Surrey Police. She took up the appointment in February 2012, becoming the first woman to head the force. In December 2012, her contract was extended until November 2017 by Kevin Hurley, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey Police. However, in a meeting in September 2015, Hurley revealed he had been considering her dismissal for a “failure of leadership” in relation to concerns about her record on child protection. She was part and parcel of (MPS) top leadership, in 2011 England riots which brought in criticism for the Metropolitan Police Service. It was announced on 26 November 2015 that Owens would be the next head of the National Crime Agency. She replaced outgoing Director-General and former Chief Constable of Warwickshire Police, Keith Bristow QPM in January 2016. Upon taking up the appointment, she became the most senior woman in British law enforcement.

In the 2008 New Year Honours, Owens was awarded the Queen’s Police Medal (QPM) for distinguished service. In the 2015 Birthday Honours, she was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) ‘for services to Policing and Criminal Justice’.

Arlington High School (Washington)

Posted by admin on June 18, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Arlington High School is a public high school located in Arlington, Washington and is home to the Eagles. The enrollment was 1,598 for the 2005-2006 school year. This school was built in 2002 after years of unsuccessful building bonds. The grand opening, after five years of raising funds, was on May 31, 2007 meat marinade tenderizer.

Sports range from tennis to football to soccer. The school’s WESCO North 4A football team made it to the semi-finals in 4A State Play-offs in 2005. The school’s rivals are the Stanwood Spartans. The football team and basketball teams have recently head coach replacements. Greg Dailer is the new head football coach.

In 2010, the Arlington Eagles won the WESCO championship against Jackson High School 42-21 bottle belt holder. In 2012 the Eagles Track Team placed third in state. In 2013, the Arlington Eagles won the softball state title. In that same year, the Lady Eagles fell short to Mead High School in the 2013 4A State Girls Basketball Championship.

The school’s Hi-Q team, a trivia-based competition, placed first in its region, and the Knowledge Bowl team placed third in the state. In 2014, the AHS Hi-Q team placed third at State. It has a Performing Arts Center for its almost 200 band members and other performing groups. The Arlington High School Jazz Choir, “Jazzmine”, under the direction of Lyle Forde, won first place at Fullerton Jazz Festival in Los Angeles California in 2007, first place at the North Texas University Jazz Festival in 2008, and second place in the advanced category of the 2009 Fullerton Jazz Festival water containers. The acclaimed group has been performing around the state and country for twenty years. Now all choirs are directed by the new choir teacher best insulated coffee bottle, Mr. Jeff Swanson.

The Arlington High School ethnicity is:

Tags: , , ,

Kernkraftwerk Grand Gulf

Posted by admin on June 18, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Bild gesucht 

Aktive Reaktoren (Brutto):

Das Kernkraftwerk Grand Gulf (engl. Grand Gulf Nuclear Generating Station) mit einem Siedewasserreaktor, der von General Electric errichtet wurde, liegt nahe Port Gibson im Claiborne County im US-Bundesstaat Mississippi am Ostufer des Mississippi River.

Der Reaktor in Grand Gulf ist der größte Siedewasserreaktor in den USA, der Eigentümer ist der Strom- und Gasversorger Entergy

Fútbol Club Barcelona Home PIQUE 3 Jerseys

Fútbol Club Barcelona Home PIQUE 3 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. Der Baubeginn war am 4. September 1974. Der Reaktor wurde am 20. Oktober 1984 in Betrieb genommen. Er wird durch zwei Seen und zusätzlich durch einen 158 Meter hohen Kühlturm gekühlt. Ursprünglich waren zwei Blöcke im Bau. Der zweite Block wurde aber aufgrund der Kernschmelze in Three Mile Island und daraus resultierender Baukostensteigerungen durch erhöhte Sicherheitsanforderungen nicht fertiggestellt. 1979 wurde der Bau unterbrochen und 1990 offiziell abgebrochen.

2002 genehmigte die Nuclear Regulatory Commission für den Reaktor eine Nettoleistungssteigerung um 1,7 % von 1210 MW auf 1232 MW. Ein Antrag auf Verlängerung der Betriebslizenz um 20 Jahre wurde vom Betreiber angekündigt und ist (Stand Oktober 2012) in Bearbeitung. Die Anlage hat (Stand Oktober 2012) eine Betriebslizenz bis 2024

Chile Home ISLA 4 Jerseys

Chile Home ISLA 4 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

.

Seit dem 22. September 2005 war geplant, an dem Standort im Rahmen des Nuclear power 2010 Programms einen Economic Simplified Boiling Water Reactor (ESBWR) zu bauen, dies ist ein weiterentwickelter Siedewasserreaktor von General Electric. Am 27. Februar 2008 beantragte Entergy eine kombinierte Bau- und Betriebsgenehmigung und am 9. Januar 2009 eine Unterbrechung des Genehmigungsprozesses, um alternative Reaktortechnologien neu zu bewerten.

Im April 2011 wurde nach schweren Regenfällen in der Region im Maschinenhaus des nie fertig gebauten zweiten Blocks mit Tritium kontaminiertes Wasser gefunden, über dessen Herkunft Unklarheit herrscht.

Das Kernkraftwerk Grand Gulf hat einen in Betrieb befindlichen und einen verworfenen Block:

Vogtle 3&4

Arkansas One • Beaver Valley • Braidwood • Browns Ferry • Brunswick • Byron • Callaway • Calvert Cliffs • Catawba • Clinton • Columbia WNP-2 • Comanche Peak • Cooper • Davis Besse • Diablo Canyon • Donald Cook • Dresden 2&3 • Duane Arnold • Enrico Fermi 2 • Farley • Fitzpatrick • Fort Calhoun • Grand Gulf • H. B. Robinson • Hatch • Hope Creek • Indian Point 2&3 • Lasalle • Limerick • McGuire • Millstone 2&3 • Monticello • Nine Mile Point • North Anna • Oconee • Oyster Creek • Palisades • Palo Verde • Peach Bottom 2&3 • Perry • Pilgrim • Point Beach • Prairie Island • Quad Cities • R. E. Ginna • River Bend • Saint Lucie • Salem • Seabrook • Sequoyah • Shearon Harris 1 • South Texas 1&2 • Surry 1&2 • Susquehanna 1&2 • Three Mile Island 1 • Turkey Point • Vermont Yankee • Virgil C. Summer 1 • Vogtle 1&2 • Waterford • Watts Bar • Wolf Creek

BONUS • Crystal River • Dresden 1 • Enrico Fermi 1 • Hallam • Humboldt Bay • Indian Point 1 • Kewaunee • La Crosse • Millstone 1 • Pathfinder • Peach Bottom 1 • Piqua • Rancho Seco • San Onofre • Saxton • Shippingport • Shoreham • Three Mile Island 2 • Trojan • Vallecitos • Yankee Rowe • Zion

Big Rock Point&nbsp why tenderize meat;• CVTR • Elk River • Fort St. Vrain • Haddam Neck • Maine Yankee

Bellefonte 1-4 • Callaway 2 • Clinton 2 • Columbia WNP-1&4 • Davis Besse 2 & 3 • Fort Calhoun 2 • Grand Gulf 2 • Hope Creek 2 • Marble Hill • North Anna 3&4 • Perry 2 • Satsop • Seabrook 2 • Shearon Harris 2&3 • South Texas 3&4 • Surry 3&4 • Susquehanna 3 Virgil C. Summer 2&3 •

Tags: , ,

Observatoire de Seeberg

Posted by admin on June 18, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

L’observatoire de Seeberg en 1800

L’observatoire de Seeberg ou de Gotha (Sternwarte Gotha ou Seeberg-Sternwarte) est un observatoire astronomique allemand situé sur la colline de Seeberg, près de Gotha, Thuringe, créé après 1787 et fermé en 1934. À l’origine, il était dédié à l’astrométrie, la géodésie, les observations météorologiques et la mesure du temps.

La conception de l’observatoire a commencé en 1787 par l’astronome de cour, le baron Franz Xaver von Zach, avec l’aide financière de Ernest II de Saxe-Gotha-Altenbourg. Il est basé sur l’observatoire Radcliffe d’Oxford. Deux ailes servaient de logement au personnel.

Durant la direction de Hansen, l’observatoire est démantelé et déménagé vers un endroit moins exposé de Gotha. Il a fermé ses portes en 1934.

Les directeurs de l’observatoire ont été les suivants :

Autour de 1800, l’observatoire devient un centre international d’astronomie, car il est le plus moderne des instituts de l’époque, principalement du point de vue des instruments. Ceux-ci proviennent de Londres en Angleterre, qui en était le principal fournisseur au XVIIIe siècle. Ceux-ci comprennent un quadrant de 18 pouces, un instrument de transit de deux pieds, trois sextants de Hadley, un héliomètre achromatique, une lunette achromatique de deux pieds (60 cm) healthy water bottles, un télescope de type grégorien et plusieurs horloges.

Au début du XIXe siècle

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, l’observatoire fait l’acquisition ld’instruments améliorés : un théodolite, un nouvel héliomètre, une nouvelle monture et un cercle méridien de trois pieds. Aucune spectroscopie ou photographie n’y a été effectuée et le seul équipement d’astrophysique de l’observatoire était un photomètre Zöllner.

L’astéroïde (1346) Gotha a été nommé en l’honneur de la ville de Gotha shop football jerseys, en reconnaissance de son observatoire.

Sur les autres projets Wikimedia&nbsp thermos sports bottle;:

Tags: , , ,

Jean-Paul Gobel

Posted by admin on June 18, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Jean-Paul Aimé Gobel (ur. 14 maja 1943 w Thonon-les-Bains we Francji) – duchowny katolicki game football jerseys, arcybiskup, nuncjusz apostolski.

29 czerwca 1969 otrzymał święcenia kapłańskie i został inkardynowany do diecezji Annecy. W 1970 rozpoczął przygotowanie do służby dyplomatycznej na Papieskiej Akademii Kościelnej.

7 grudnia 1993 został mianowany przez Jana Pawła II pierwszym nuncjuszem apostolskim w Gruzji oraz biskupem tytularnym Calatia pcb free water bottles. Sakry biskupiej 6 stycznia 1994 r. udzielił mu papież Jan Paweł II. Był równocześnie akredytowanym w Armenii i Azerbejdżanie.

6 grudnia 1997 został mianowany nuncjuszem apostolskim w Senegalu oraz akredytowanym przedstawicielem w Gwinei Bissau, Mali i w Republice Zielonego Przylądka.

W 2001 został przeniesiony do nuncjatury w Nikaragui apana water bottle glass. W 2007 został przeniesiony do Iranu. 5 stycznia 2013 został przeniesiony do nuncjatury w Egipcie i został przedstawicielem Stolicy Apostolskiej przy Lidze Arabskiej.

3 stycznia 2015 przeszedł na emeryturę.

Tags: , ,

Mittelniederdeutsche Sprache

Posted by admin on June 17, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Die mittelniederdeutsche Sprache (Kürzel nach ISO 639-3 gml von englisch German Middle Low) ist ein Entwicklungsstadium des Niederdeutschen. Es hat sich aus der altsächsischen Sprache im Mittelalter entwickelt und ist seit etwa dem Jahre 1225/34 schriftlich belegt (Sachsenspiegel).

Der Begriff Mittelniederdeutsch ist zweideutig:

Die größeren Darstellungen des Mittelniederdeutschen (etwa Lübben und Lasch) behandeln das Mittelniederdeutsche ausschließlich im engeren Sinne.

Die mittelniederdeutsche Sprache war in der Hansezeit von etwa 1300 bis ca. 1600 n. Chr. die führende Schriftsprache im Norden Mitteleuropas und diente als Lingua franca in der Nordhälfte Europas. Sie wurde parallel zum Latein auch für Zwecke der Diplomatie und für Urkunden verwendet. So wurden der größte Teil des Schriftverkehrs der Hanse in Mittel- und Nordeuropa auf mittelniederdeutsch durchgeführt. Mittelniederdeutsche Urkunden gibt es von London im Westen bis Nowgorod im Osten und Bergen im Norden bis Westfalen im Süden. Auch in Visby auf Gotland, Riga waterproof electronics bag, Reval und Dorpat wurde mittelniederdeutsch kommuniziert. So existiert noch ein handschriftliches Wörterbuch Mittelniederdeutsch-Russisch des Tönnies Fonne von 1607 in der Dänischen Königlichen Bibliothek in Kopenhagen. Insbesondere aus dieser Zeit resultiert ein erheblicher Einfluss des Niederdeutschen auf die skandinavischen Sprachen Norwegisch, Dänisch und Schwedisch, der durch zahlreiche Lehnwörter gekennzeichnet ist. Manche Skandinavisten meinen, rund die Hälfte oder noch mehr des schwedischen Wortschatzes gehe auf das Niederdeutsche zurück. Hierbei ist allerdings zu berücksichtigen, dass es sich dabei weniger um die häufigsten Wörter (Pronomina, Konjunktionen, Präpositionen etc.) als vielmehr um teilweise seltenere Substantive handelt (Berufsbezeichnungen etc.).

Die frühen mittelniederdeutschen Texte waren noch deutlich von der gesprochenen Sprache geprägt. Dort kamen verkürzte, mündliche Formen vor wie semme (statt sineme, „seinem“), sir (statt siner, „seiner“), eyr (statt einer, „einer“). Diese Texte waren landschaftlich geprägt, gaben aber keinen Dialekt wieder. In der späteren Schriftsprache versuchten die Schreiber, diese verkürzten Formen zu vermeiden und etymologisch korrektere Formen zu verwenden.

Im 15. und im frühen 16. Jahrhundert übte durch die Devotio moderna das östliche Mittelniederländisch Einfluss aus auf das münsterländische schriftliche Mittelniederdeutsch.

Im Westfälischen und im Ostfälischen gab es mitteldeutsche Einflüsse, besonders im Elbostfälischen. Das Hochdeutsche muss den dortigen Schreibern geläufig gewesen sein.

Manche Sprachwissenschaftler nehmen an, dass vom südlichen Ostfälisch aus schreibsprachliche Einflüsse auf das übrige Ostfalen ausgegangen sind. Das südliche Ostfalen gilt als das stärkste geistige Zentrum des frühen Mittelniederdeutschen.

Ab der zweiten Hälfte des 14. Jahrhunderts wird das geschriebene Mittelniederdeutsch zunehmend einheitlicher. Diese mittelniederdeutsche Schriftsprache ist aus dem damaligen Ostniederdeutschen entstanden und wurde besonders durch Lübeck geprägt. Diese überregionale Schriftsprache setzt eine überregionale mündliche Verkehrssprache voraus, die nicht erhalten ist, aber angenommen werden muss.

Neben den mittelniederdeutschen Urkunden stellen insbesondere folgende Werke wichtige Sprachdenkmäler der mittelniederdeutschen Sprache dar:

Aus dem Mittelniederdeutschen ist das moderne Niederdeutsche hervorgegangen.

Der Wortschatz des Mittelniederdeutschen wird beschrieben im Mittelniederdeutschen Wörterbuch von Karl Schiller und August Lübben und im Mittelniederdeutschen Handwörterbuch.

Altsächsisch (Asächs., As.) | Mittelniederdeutsch (Mndt., Mnd.) | Neuniederdeutsch (Nndt., Nnd best no leak water bottle.)

Tags: ,

Wawrzeńczyce (województwo dolnośląskie)

Posted by admin on June 17, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Wawrzeńczyce – wieś w Polsce położona w województwie dolnośląskim, w powiecie wrocławskim, w gminie Mietków.

W latach 1975–1998 miejscowość należała administracyjnie do województwa wrocławskiego runners waist belt.

Położona około 35 km na południowy zachód od Wrocławia.

Liczy obecnie (III 2011 r.) 228 mieszkańców, z których większość stanowią potomkowie przymusowych wysiedleńców z Sąsiadowic z ziemi lwowskiej, którzy przybyli tu po 1945 roku.

Kościół parafialny pod wezwaniem św. Wawrzyńca, zbudowany w stylu neoklasycystycznym w latach 1815-1816, na miejscu starego kościoła z XIV wieku. Wielokrotnie niszczony i przebudowywany. W kościele znajdują się dwa ołtarze: główny z roku 1750 i boczny z 1816 roku, nad którym umieszczony jest obraz przedstawiający sąd nad św. Wawrzyńcem. W kościele znajduje się także prospekt organowy z 1791 roku. W zachodniej ścianie kościoła wmurowane są trzy płyty nagrobne pochodzące z XV i XVI wieku. W 2008 roku została odnowiona elewacja oraz pokrycie dachu.

Parafia została erygowana w 1488 roku. W skład parafii wchodzą: Stróża large insulated water bottle, Ujów fluff remover for clothes, Wawrzeńczyce i Mietków. Ruchy i wspólnoty działające na terenie parafii:

Na skraju lasu w Wawrzeńczycach rośnie, imponujący, 400-letni dąb szypułkowy, o obwodzie pnia 580 cm, a na łące śródleśnej cypryśnik błotny, o obwodzie pnia 436 cm. Spotkać również można rzadkie okazy, takie jak: platan klonolistny waterproof camera bag cover, żywotnik zachodni, choina kanadyjska oraz lipa drobnolistna.

Tags: , , ,

Mount Airy, Richmond County, Virginia

Posted by admin on June 17, 2018 in Uncategorized |

Mount Airy, near Warsaw in Richmond County, Virginia, built in 1764, is a mid-Georgian plantation house, the first built in the manner of a neo-Palladian villa. Colonel John Tayloe II, perhaps the richest Virginia planter of his generation, constructed it. His daughter Rebecca and her husband, Francis Lightfoot Lee, one of the only pair of brothers to sign the Declaration of Independence (Richard Henry Lee being the other brother,) are buried on the estate, as are many other Tayloes. Before the American Civil War, Mount Airy was a prominent racing horse farm, as well as headquarters of about 10-12 separate slave plantations along the Rappahannock River (comprising some 60,000 acres). Mount Airy is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a National Historic Landmark as well as on the Virginia Landmarks Register, and is still privately owned by Tayloe’s descendants.

Mount Airy is composed of a massive two-story central block above a high basement, 69 feet (21 m) long and 47 feet (14 m) deep, two curving one-story passageways, and two 36-foot (11 m)-square two-story end dependencies set forward. The five-part unit, 128 feet (39 m) long, encloses three sides of a semi-circular forecourt. This court is raised by a low terrace above the entrance drive and is reached by cut and molded stone steps, flanked by elaborate carved stone vases on pedestals. Set on a ridge, the house commands a wide view of the Rappahannock River Valley. The 3-foot-thick (0 plastic water bottles reusable.91 m) walls of the central unit are made of dark-brown sandstone, carefully hewn and laid in courses of random height, with architectural trim in light-colored limestone. It is possible that the exterior may originally have been stuccoed though no trace remains. The north or entrance façade is approached from the forecourt by a flight of steps leading to a recessed loggia, whose square columns best vacuum bottle, faced with four Roman Doric pilasters, define three rectilinear openings. The projecting central pavilion is of rusticated limestone, with three windows in the second story and a crowning pediment. The south or garden facade is almost identical in composition except that the three entrances in the pavilion are spanned by round arches with heavily marked voussoirs and keystones, and the upper windows are unframed. The other windows are framed by stone architraves and sills, and the limestone belt course and rusticated angle quoins are very prominent. The existing broad hip roof, pierced by four interior chimneys located near the ridge, is a replacement of the original roof, possibly a hip-on-hip that was destroyed by fire in 1844.

The south or rear elevation was undoubtedly taken directly from Plate LVIII of James Gibbs’ Book of Architecture and the north elevation was less directly derived from a plate of Haddo House in Scotland, shown in William Adam’s Vitruvius Scoticus.

The two stone two-story dependencies have hipped roofs and central chimneys and their corners are given the same quoin treatment as the main house. The connecting passageways, also of stone, are quadrants covered with shed roofs that are concealed from the north or front. At the junction with the central block, the roofs of the connections are stepped up to allow entrances to the main floor of the house.

The shaped terraced levels of its gardens are still clearly visible beneath its modern covering of lawn. Mount Airy has the earliest surviving Orangery in North America. A thriving organic vegetable and flower garden exists there today.

The Tayloe family had owned the land around Mount Airy for over century before Colonel John Tayloe II, a fourth generation tobacco planter, began building a manor house with a commanding view of the Rappahannock River valley as well as westward towards the town of Tappahannock. The project began around 1748 and finished in 1758. Tayloe used reference books of the day to incorporate then-modern and now-classical architectural themes. As discussed below, John Tayloe II also became a distinguished breeder of race horses at this plantation, including: Sir Archy, Selima and Grey Diomed. The original stable and a few outbuildings (including a smokehouse and dairy/ice-house) survive to this day. The house continues occupied by Tayloe family descendants, including Mrs. H. Gwin Tayloe, Jr. (died 3 June 2011) and now John Tayloe Emery, Sr.

Col. Tayloe’s son-in-law Francis Lightfoot Lee, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, lived nearby, in a house Col. Tayloe built for the young couple, Menokin Plantation. Tayloe’s daughter and her famous husband are buried in the Tayloe family cemetery, approximately 300 yards (270 m) from Mount Airy.

John Tayloe II, John Tayloe III (1792-1828) and William Henry Tayloe, operated Mount Airy as a successful horse stud farm, as well as bred enslaved people to use as a labor force within the family’s plantations and for sale to other slaveowners to raise capital as well as pay gambling debts. John Tayloe III also continued his father’s building tradition, constructing the Octagon House in the new federal city, Washington, D.C. (which became his winter residence). He also operated an ironworks and shipbuilding facility near Neabsco, Virginia, led a company of dragoons into Pennsylvania to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion, and held various local political offices.

John Tayloe II, who established the family’s turf-racing business, imported Jenny Cameron, Jolly Roger and Childers to Virginia, three of the most important colonial racing imports. He also owned the winning racehorses Hero, Juniper, Single Peeper, Yorick, Traveller and Nonpareil. The first noteworthy colonial horse race was won by Col. Tasker’s 6 year old imported mare Selima at Annapolis, Maryland in May 1752. That December, Selima raced in Gloucester, Virginia and beat Col William Byrd’s “Trial”, as well as this Col. Tayloe’s “Jenny Cameron” & “Childers” and Col. Thornton’s “Unnamed”. That sweepstakes, in four mile heats and with a purse of 500 pistoles, marks the beginning of the competition between Maryland and Virginia in horseracing. In April, 1766, Col. Tayloe’s “Traveller” won with ease, beating Col Lewis Burwell III of Kingsmill Plantation’s “John Dismal” and Francis Whiting’s “Janus.” In October Col. Tayloe’s “Hero” won the purse, beating Col William Byrd’s “Trial” & “Valiant,” and Richard Henry Lee’s “Mark Anthony.” In November, at Chestertown, Maryland, a purse of 100 pistoles was run for by the two most celebrated horses of the era, Col. Tayloe’s “Yorick” and Sam Galloway’s (of Tulip Hill in Maryland) horse “Selim” (son of Selima). In May, 1767, Col. Tayloe won the “50 Pistoles Purse” near Annapolis as his horse “Traveller” outraced: “Trial” Bullen’s, Benedict Calvert’s “Regulus” and Dr. Hamilton’s “Ranger”. In the spring of 1769, Capt Littleberry Hardyman again won the purse with “Mark Anthony,” beating John Tayloe’s “Nonpareil” and Nathaniel Withoe’s “Fanny Murray.” In the fall of 1774, at Fredericksburg John Tayloe’s “Single Peeper” won the “50 Pound Purse” beating Benjamin Grymes’ “Miss Spot,” Walker Taliaferro’s “Valiant,” Spotswood’s “Fearnaught,” Charles Jones’ “Regulus,” Procter’s “Jenny Bottom,” Robert Slaughter’s “Ariel” and Peter Presley’ Thornton’s “Ariel.”

A fire in 1844 gutted the house and destroyed most of the woodwork of master carpenter William Buckland. It was rebuilt within its shell of brown sandstone with limestone quoins, and using the original floor plan.

William Henry, son of John Tayloe III best hydration vest for running, took over Mount Airy in 1828. Its slave population continued to increase, even as depleted soil led to crop shortfalls and declining profits. He and his brothers responded in part by acquiring cotton fields in west-central Alabama. Between 1833 and 1862 remington bikini shaver, William Henry Tayloe moved a total of 218 slaves (many teenagers) about 800 miles from Virginia to Alabama. Because the trans-Atlantic slave trade nominally closed because Britain ended slavery and because the U.S. Constitution’s provisions against slave imports took effect in 1808, Virginia became a net slave exporter within the U.S. Although the U.S. had fewer than a million enslaved people as the 19th century began (mostly concentrated in the coastal and piedmont South), with the invention of the cotton gin and development of internal slave trading, there were four times as many slaves four decades later, working from Charleston to Texas.

Mount Airy is a private house of the Tayloe family and is not generally open to the public. The Tayloe family papers are at the Virginia Historical Society.

Mount Airy was featured in a HGTV show based on the restoration work done to the West Wing of the manor house. The show called, American Rehab Virginia (née Colonial Rehab) was produced by Magnetic Productions and began airing in 2015, reruns can be found on HGTV and DIY Network.

The inaugural Mount Airy Bluegrass Festival, originally billed as “Bluegrass Under The Stars,” in June 2017 featured John Staring of The Seldom Scene (with his son Jay Starling on dobro), a member of the band Love Cannon; along with guitarist Jesse Harper, bassist Cameron Ralston, cellist Nat Smith and Courtney Hartman on vocals and guitar. On June 30, 2018, the lineup is expected to include The Seldom Scene, Ralph Stanley II and the Clinch Mountain Boys, The Trailblazers w/ Ivy Phillips and special guests The Waterview Bluegrass Assembly.

Mount Airy was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966. It was identified as a National Historic Landmark on October 9, 1960.

Tags: , , ,

Copyright © 2015-2018 Hermes Tassen Online,Enorme Korting. All rights reserved.

Kelme Outlet | Le Coq Sport Outlet

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet hermes tassen hermes birkin hermes online shop